- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Nov. 11, 2021
- Data Science
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About The Team:
The mission of the Data team at Confluent is to serve as the central nervous system of all things data for the company: we build analytics infrastructures, metrics, insights, and models, to empower data-driven thinking, and optimize every part of the business. There are limitless opportunities for an ambitious data analyst to make an immediate and meaningful impact within a hyper growth start-up.
About The Role:
We are now looking for a talented and driven individual to accelerate data and analytics efforts and boost our Field Operations trajectory - Sales, Customer Success, Business Development. This person will work closely with our C-suite executives and operation teams to develop and deliver high quality reporting, insights, and recommendations to drive better and faster decisions. Successful candidates will exhibit technical acumen and business savvy, with a passion for making an impact, through creative storytelling and timely actions.
- Partner with Customer Solution Group Leadership, Strategy & Ops business partners to drive the long-term roadmap of customer health initiatives
- Transform the business problems with proper context into mathematical problems
- Develop and deploy customer health model to surface what drives customer health and provide recommendation in driving expansion
- Help drive the transformation to consumption model by enabling the field teams with consumption metrics, actionable alerts,etc.
- Mentor and lead junior data scientists on the team
- Collaborate with other data scientists across our organization to share best practices, learn new analytical techniques, and champion an organizational culture where data is central to decision making
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor or advanced degree in a quantitative discipline: statistics, operations research, computer science, informatics, engineering, applied mathematics, economics, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in data science and analytics. Excellent data manipulation skills, proficiency in SQL.
- Proficiency in statistical modeling with Python or R
- Experience visualizing data and building dashboards. (eg. Tableau, Looker, etc.)
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to translate business requirements into analytical questions
- Effectively communicate model methodology, insights and recommendations to cross-functional partners; ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audiences, including executives
What Gives You An Edge
- 5+ years of experience in data science and analytics.
- Experience and/or knowledge in driving consumption based business model in a B2B environment
- Experience and/or knowledge in forecasting, customer churn model, anomaly detection, etc.
- Experience working in GTM function at a SaaS company, e.g. key go to market funnel optimization, customer insights & retention, etc.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.