- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
- Data Science
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
The mission of the Data team at Confluent is to serve as the central nervous system of all things data for the company: we build analytics infrastructures, metrics, insights, and models, to empower data-driven thinking, and optimize every part of the business. There are limitless opportunities for an ambitious data analyst to make an immediate and meaningful impact within a hyper growth start-up.
We are now looking for a talented and driven individual to accelerate data and analytics efforts and boost our Field Operations trajectory - Sales, Customer Success, Business Development. This person will work closely with our C-suite executives and operation teams to develop and deliver high quality reporting, insights, and recommendations to drive better and faster decisions. Successful candidates will exhibit technical acumen and business savvy, with a passion for making an impact, through creative storytelling and timely actions.
What We’re Looking For:
- 1+ years of experience in data manipulations and analytics
- Strong proficiency in SQL and Python for data manipulations (1+ years of experience)
- Proficiency in data visualization (eg. Tableau, Python, Metabase, Looker, Matlab, etc.) (1+ years of experience)
- Bachelor or advanced degree in a quantitative discipline: statistics, operations research, computer science, informatics, engineering, applied mathematics, economics, etc.
- The ability to communicate cross-functionally, derive requirements and deliver insightful reports and analysis; ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audiences
What Give You An Edge:
- 3+ years of experience in data manipulations and analytics
- Experience working with B2B data sources: such as Salesforce, Clari, Zendesk, GainInsights, Marketo, etc.
- Experience working with SaaS business analytics: key go to market funnel metrics, Sales pipeline measurement, customer retention, etc.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.