- United States
- Date Posted
- Jan. 11, 2022
- Data Science
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
The mission of Data Science team at Confluent is to serve as the central nervous system of all things data for the company: we build analytics infrastructures, metrics, insights, and models, to empower data-driven thinking, and optimize every part of the business. There are limitless opportunities for an ambitious data scientist to make an immediate and meaningful impact within a hyper growth start-up.
We are now looking for a talented and driven individual to accelerate data science efforts and boost our Growth and Marketing trajectory. This person will work closely with our Marketing executives and operation teams to develop and deliver actionable recommendations to drive better and faster decisions. Successful candidates will exhibit technical acumen and business savvy, with a passion for making an impact, through creative storytelling and timely actions.
What We’re Looking For:
- + 1 years of experience in data science and analytics
- Strong proficiency in SQL and Python (or R) (+1 years of experience)
- Proficiency in data visualization (eg. Tableau, R-shiny, Python, Metabase, Looker, Matlab, etc.)Strong skills or experience in applying machine learning and causal inference to business domain
- Bachelor or advanced degree in a quantitative discipline: statistics, operations research, computer science, informatics, engineering, applied mathematics, economics, etc.
- The ability to communicate cross-functionally, derive requirements and deliver insightful analysis and/or models; ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audiences, including executives
What Gives You an Edge:
- Experience and knowledge in Marketing Attribution modeling and ROI measurement
- Experience and/or knowledge in statistical modeling and casual inference
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audiences, including executives
- Experience in developing measurement across marketing activities and working with Growth and Marketing domain
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.