- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Dec. 13, 2021
- Design & UI
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
Here at Confluent we’re building a streaming platform that’s changing the way people access and use data in real-time. What we’re making is already at the heart of thousands of companies and has led to a whole new generation of incredibly smart software that’s integrated into many aspects of our daily lives including banking, entertainment, transportation, health care, and more.
We’re seeking a versatile, hands-on Designer who loves problem solving, is strong visually, and is excited to lead strategic efforts.
- Use design to make our data streaming technology easy to understand and use.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into useful solutions for our customers.
- Contribute to our product strategy with a keen understanding of customer goals, business goals, and our platform capabilities.
- Design experiences and workflows that are incredibly simple, elegant, and delightful.
- Give and solicit feedback from stakeholders. Continuously raise our bar for quality and polish.
- Partner with all functional groups to bring new product experiences to market, track our success, and iterate.
- Ability to innovate like crazy and design your way through the toughest problems.
- Experience working closely with engineers to develop features.
- Have a strong understanding and appreciation for technical details.
- Excellent craftsmanship.
- Extreme attention to detail when it comes to the construction of UI, systematic solutions, and workflows.
- Comfortable iterating rapidly at low fidelity.
- Thrives off giving and receiving excellent feedback.
- Skilled at producing realistic prototypes to communicate your ideas around interaction design is a plus. Web development experience is a plus.
- A portfolio or link to examples showing your process, eye for aesthetics, and depth of design work.
- 6+ years working as a Product Designer.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.