- Bengaluru, IN
- Date Posted
- Oct. 28, 2021
- Design & UI
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
As Confluent continues to expand its product portfolio and work towards providing a complete streaming platform, we are starting a new product initiative focussed on enabling our users to perform end-to-end stream processing using visual tools. This is high visibility, once in a lifetime role where we are looking at defining new ways of representing streaming data visually, building a complete UI product and envisioning becoming the industry standard for visually representing streaming data and processing.
We are looking for a seasoned UI / front-end focussed engineer who has a track record of successfully building UI centric products. You would be one of the first front-end engineers on this team and would be responsible for leading this team from a UI perspective. This team will be one of its kind in the company and will be building our first completely UI focused product.
About Our Stack
- Multiple SPAs written in React over a common codebase using Yarn Workspaces
- Code verification done with comprehensive linting, type checking and unit + e2e tests
- Deployments happen daily with the ability to test each and every commit in production (even PRs)
- Feature flags unblock us from coordinating releases with backend teams
- Bots keep all of our dependencies up to date
Who You Are
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about the challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What you’ll do
- Build an industry-defining visual streaming data processing product
- Provide technical leadership for the UI team
- Be a strong partner to Product Management and the design team in defining the vision and the User Experience. Help define what a good user experience might look like for this product
- Coordinate with other UI engineers across different time zones
- Nurture a culture of excellence on the team through a focus on communication, execution, and work quality
- Collaborate with others in engineering and product leadership to create the long-term roadmap and quarterly deliverables for your team
What we’re looking for
- 7+ years of experience building user interface products
- Experience building web applications for data-intensive applications
- Experience running production services in Public Clouds
- Strong foundation in algorithms and application design
- Experience with writing/monitoring/managing large scale system deployments
- A great track record of shipping features and hitting deadlines consistently. Ability to move fast, build in increments, and iterate. A sense of urgency, a mindset towards achieving results, and excellent prioritizations skills. Ability to anticipate future technical needs for the product and craft plans to realize them
- Ability to influence the team, peers and upper management using effective communication and collaborative techniques
- Focus on building and maintaining a culture of collaboration within the team
- Experience working with designers, PMs and backend engineers
Additional highly desirable experience
- Worked on projects from scratch to launch
- Prior knowledge of Cloud architecture and implementation features
- Experience with ETL / data pipeline products
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.