- Bengaluru, IN
- Date Posted
- Jun. 7, 2021
- Engineering QA
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
We are looking for an Engineering Manager focused on Quality Engineering to work out of our Bangalore office. As a manager, you will be enabling us to deliver high quality, reliable and high-performance on-premise solutions to our customers. The team will develop innovative test strategies, build automation frameworks and tests, and act on behalf of our wide-ranging customer base. You will be responsible for hiring the best talent, helping individuals develop their careers, driving team execution, and helping guide strategy and design.
Who you are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about the challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
- Quality advocate with a strong customer centric mindset.
What we are looking for:
- Previous engineering management experience building and leading productive, high functioning teams
- Ensure on-time high quality delivery of the Confluent Platform by working and ensuring strong collaboration with global product teams
- Experience in working effectively across teams, including product development, product management, customer operations, and field teams
- Strong in driving the quality improvements in product through strong data driven metrics
- Strong fundamentals in quality engineering (test planning, automation development, troubleshooting) including system, performance and scalability testing
- Ability to hire while ensuring a high hiring bar, keep engineers motivated, coach/mentor, and handle performance management
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.