- Bengaluru, IN
- Date Posted
- Jun. 7, 2021
- Engineering QA
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test at Confluent, you will be working across the entire Confluent Platform helping to place our event streaming platform at the heart of every modern enterprise. You will enable us to deliver reliable and high-performance solutions to our customers, both on-premise and in the cloud. You will help develop innovative test strategies, build automation frameworks and tests, and act on behalf of our wide-ranging customer base.
Who You Are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What We Are Looking For:
- Overall 7 to 12 years of experience in software development and software testing.
- Experience building and scaling automation frameworks
- Solid understanding of basic systems operations (disk, network, operating systems, etc)
- Strong object-oriented programming fundamentals
- Proficiency in C++, Java or Python
- Experience developing end-to-end test plans
- Experience working effectively across teams, including product development, product management, customer operations, and field teams
What Gives You An Edge:
- Knowledge of Apache Kafka is a plus
- Previous experience testing open-source products is a plus
Culture is a huge part of Confluent, we’re searching for the best people who not only excel at their role, but also contribute to the health, happiness and growth of the company. Inclusivity and openness are important traits, with regular company wide and team events. Here are some of the personal qualities we’re looking for:
Smart, humble and empathetic
- Hard working, you get things done
- Hungry to learn in a field which is ever evolving
- Adaptable to the myriad of challenges each day can present
- Inquisitive and not afraid to ask all the questions, no matter how basic
- Ready to roll up your sleeves and help others, getting involved in projects where you feel you can add value
- Strive for excellence in your work, your team and the company
Come and build with us. We are one of the fastest growing software companies in the market. A company built on the tenets of transparency, direct communication and inclusivity. Come meet the streams dream team and have a direct impact on how we shape Confluent.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.