- California, US
- Date Posted
- Dec. 30, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
The Payroll Manager will play a key role in the management of the Americas payrolls across a number of lines of businesses within the organization, through the leadership of the payroll team and management of diverse stakeholders across the businesses. You will be the primary lead for payroll review projects supporting business changes through implementation of best practice models utilizing Workday.
The ideal candidate will have exposure working within the Americas region and supporting a large semi-monthly payroll of 2,000+ employees ideally within a hyper-growth environment at a publicly-traded organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Support Americas payroll
- Manage and develop direct reports to support succession planning and payroll operations
- Ensure payroll processing performed by the payroll vendor meet or exceed the established payroll SLA, controls, and compliance standards
- Act as a senior escalation point of contact on all payroll issues and support resolution with vendors, as well as timely resolution of payroll related queries from employees and stakeholders
- Ensure employees receive accurate and timely payment on published pay dates
- Design, manage, and document full cycle payroll operations, recommending process improvements to drive efficiency
- Ensure compliance in the timely and accurate reporting of stock earnings through payroll
- As project lead, you will act as primary vendor contact to support payroll governance
- Facilitate collaboration between cross functional teams to implement new programs and initiatives, resolve issues, and share solutions
- Ensure consistency in compliance with SOX and Internal Controls
What We’re Looking For:
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 5+ years of experience as payroll manager with a fast growing company
- Working knowledge of state and international payroll laws and practices
- Experience working with major payroll systems and data flows
- Ability and willingness to learn and adapt to new process flows and software technologies
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and intellectually curious with ability to adapt and stay organized in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate the highest ethical standards, confidentiality with data, and integrity
- Proficient in Excel, including experience working with advanced functions (e.g., VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, IF statements)
- Familiarity with US GAAP accounting
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification a strong plus
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.