- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Nov. 18, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
We are looking for a Director to join our Corporate FP&A team to lead revenue forecasting across the company. This is a unique opportunity to play a crucial role in building a strong financial foundation for one of the fastest-growing pre-IPO companies. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, aspires to bring structure to the unstructured, and enjoys collaborating with others in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
The individual will report to the Senior Director, Corporate FP&A.
What You’ll Do
- Develop the company-wide revenue forecast by having a detailed understanding of our business model and evaluating the key drivers that impact revenue
- Build strong relationships with the Sales, Accounting, and IT organizations to develop the proper cadence and level of information needed to successfully forecast revenue; understanding the dynamics of a high-growth and evolving business require constant flows of communication
- Review monthly in-depth analysis providing visibility to management on variances from expectations with a focus on improving accuracy for the future
- Be the subject matter expert for revenue and have the ability to communicate technical matters at the executive level
- Provide ad hoc data-driven analysis to guide operational and strategic decision making
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Economics, Finance, Business or other related field; MBA preferred
- 8+ years of Corporate Finance experience in a high growth, public company or combination of Corporate Finance and investment banking, consulting, audit
- Experience with Revenue in Finance or Accounting
- Excellent financial modeling and analysis skills
- Understand the drivers and economics of SaaS and Consumption business models
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills; must also be proficient using G-Suite; Anaplan a plus
- Effective communication at a detailed technical level, while having the ability to elevate for high-level consumption by executives
- A highly motivated team player able to thrive amidst the change and ambiguity inherent in fast-growing organizations
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.