- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Nov. 11, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the role:
The EMEA Revenue Manager will be a key business partner to Sales, Sales Ops, Business Development and Legal for the EMEA and APAC region. In this role, you will be the subject matter expert on revenue accounting and engage with the business to provide revenue recognition guidance on a variety of areas including contract reviews, non-standard sales deals, and participate in ad-hoc/special projects as required. You will also be responsible for documenting the Company’s accounting positions and communicating them to varying levels in the organisation and external auditors.
The ideal candidate is an experienced CA with solid experience at either a Big 4 public accounting firm or a publicly traded, high-tech organisation with a minimum of 2 years in a revenue specific role as a manager. You should have experience from a global, growing software company that has on-premise software revenue and SaaS.
This position will be based in the London area and will report to the Senior Manager, Technical Revenue.
- Ensure desirable revenue accounting results and provide revenue recognition guidance on our most complex revenue transactions by participating in deal structuring and contract reviews
- Key business partner and collaborator to Sales, Sales Ops, Business Development and Legal.
- Lead trainings on how to apply revenue recognition guidelines for SaaS and on-premises offerings for EMEA and APAC region
- Draft or review technical revenue memos to document key revenue conclusions and lead the continued improvement of the Company’s revenue-related policies.
- Prepare and review revenue checklists for material contracts which document technical revenue considerations related to each deal and ensure compliance with our revenue recognition policies.
- Propose process improvements as they relate to the contract review and the overall Quote to Cash process.
- Assist with quarterly and annual audits related to revenue
- Participate in special projects and initiatives as required
What We’re Looking For:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Progressively responsible experience at either a Big 4 public accounting firm or a global, publicly traded high-tech organisation with a minimum of 2 years in a revenue role as manager
- Strong knowledge of revenue recognition (ASC 606) as it applies to on-premise software revenue and SaaS
- Demonstrated experience thinking strategically about issues, leading to recommendations and action plans
- Attention to detail and experience multitasking and prioritising to deliver impact in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills, including the ability to research accounting literature and simplify complex situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills (oral and written) and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels at the company
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- CA certification or equivalent practical experience
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.