- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated finance manager to join our Sales FP&A team. In this high-profile role you will work with executive business partners to help drive strategic decision-making, provide financial insight, and build operational rigor and efficiency. You will help guide the financial planning, forecasting, and reporting for these teams and provide recommendations to your business partners within these key functional areas. You will also be responsible for key financial deliverables and ad hoc analyses and help to define the processes by which we scale and grow these teams. This role will report to the Director, FP&A and will be based in headquarters in Mountain View, CA.
- Provide thought leadership to Sales to drive top-line and expense strategic initiatives, and help develop both short-term and long-term policies
- Partner with Sales leadership to develop a territory planning model and growth plan for our domestic and international markets
- Build / Drive sales capacity models to support long range planning & bookings growth
- Master key customer metrics, such as LTV, CAC, and Cohort Analysis as well as management reporting packages, such as sales key metrics and KPIs
- Help leadership gain key insights into their business units, with the purpose of driving growth and efficiency while delivering a high return on investment
- Identify and lead initiatives to continuously improve, automate, and scale forecasting and reporting tools, processes, and methodologies
What we’re looking for:
- Prior Sales FP&A experience at a high growth subscription software company
- Ability to influence business partners and provide recommendations in order to drive decision-making and execution
- Experience developing and improving processes with desire to inspire change across the org
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills; must also be proficient using G-Suite
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal & presentation) with the ability to understand and communicate difficult concepts
- Excellent financial modeling and analysis skills
- Ability to work quickly and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of precision and attention to detail
- Demonstrated an extraordinary work ethic
- A highly motivated team player and experience with people management
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, including ASC-606
Additional highly desirable experience:
- Experience with Salesforce, NetSuite, and Anaplan
- Investment banking experience
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.