- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Nov. 18, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
We are looking for a Senior Analyst, Systems & Reporting (Anaplan Model Builder) to join our Corporate FP&A team. This is a unique opportunity to play a crucial role in building and scaling financial reporting and planning processes. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, aspires to bring structure to the unstructured, and enjoys problem solving with others in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This role includes analyst, system administrator, and model builder responsibilities.
The individual will report to the Senior Finance Manager.
What You’ll Do
- Develop a deep understanding of business and financial framework and goals; partner with FP&A team to monitor and drive performance
- Deliver and enhance close / forecast processes and reporting with a focus on timeliness, automation, and scale using Anaplan and integration to other business systems
- Manage Anaplan ecosystem, resolve support tickets, architect new features and models, validate key assumptions, and provide enablement resources to optimize end-user experience
- Maintain metrics glossary, system roadmap, process workflows, and procedural documentation
- Collaborate cross-functionally (IT, Data Science, Sales Ops, Accounting, etc.) to continually drive alignment, maintain consistency, and improve data quality and readiness
- Monitor and advise on best practices and advancements in financial forecasting technology
- Execute on data-driven analysis to provide insightful and actionable recommendations for operational and strategic decision making
What we’re looking for
- 1+ years of hands-on model building experience in Anaplan with a record of progressive achievement; Anaplan certification a plus
- Ability to translate business requirements, troubleshoot complex planning models, and design modeling solutions with data flow best practices
- Working knowledge of financial and accounting principles and SaaS metrics (ARR, NRR, LTV, etc.)
- Detail-oriented and organized, with a focus on efficiency, accuracy, and completeness to implement better solutions; excels in a deadline-driven environment while balancing multiple tasks
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and experience with databases, financial systems, and data visualization tools; prior experience with SFDC and NetSuite a plus
- Team player with the ability to thrive amidst change and ambiguity in a fast-growing organization
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how