- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Nov. 18, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
Confluent is seeking an experienced, self-motivated AP Senior Manager to lead our global Accounts Payable team. In this role, you will be a key leader in the Company’s Controllership organization, responsible for leading the global accounts payable and expense report strategy, scale, and execution to support the Company’s projected growth. The ideal candidate has at least 10+ years of experience with Accounts Payable at a multinational publicly traded company, with experience owning the entire Accounts Payable life cycle (from PO to invoice processing), managing global organizations, and in-depth experience with systems, process design, and SOX. Due to the fast-paced and high growth nature of the Company, the candidate must be adaptable, have strong organization and communication skills, and a willingness to roll up their sleeves when needed.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead, manage, and coordinate the execution of invoice processing, employee communication, data analysis and reporting of Accounts Payable, while maintaining accuracy and timeliness of processing account transactions.
- Manage and coordinate work and training for Accounts Payable staff to ensure quality output, timely payment of invoices, and compliance with company policies and practices. Review account reconciliations and payment runs for accuracy and compliance with company policies and standards.
- Set priorities for specified functions and support strategic alliances with key business partners in Procurement, FP&A, and Accounting.
- Serve as subject matter expert of specified functions to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of current processes and streamline workflow.
- Lead the strategy to build out and scale an offshore accounts payable team, including defining the operating model, transition plan, and efficiency metrics.
- Develop, implement and communicate process improvements. Maintain documentation of all departmental standard operating procedures.
- Review and ensure regulatory compliance related to accounts payable (i.e. 1099 reporting).
- Serve as the key point of contact for SOX adoption and external auditor related communications.
- Manage assessment of expense reporting tool and related policy to determine best long term solution.
What We’re Looking For:
- BA/BS degree in accounting or finance
- 10 years of professional experience at a publicly traded, multinational company in Accounts Payable, with at least 3 years in a managerial role
- Experience managing a global accounts payable organization
- Experience working with Coupa and Netsuite (or other Tier 1 ERP systems) preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Office Suite
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in a rapid-growth start-up environment
- Experience in establishing end-to-end process and organizational structure
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.