- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Jun. 7, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role
Confluent is seeking an experienced, self-motivated IT Manager for SOX IT to join our team. In this role, you will be a key player in the Company’s development of the SOX program. You will help manage and prioritize an evolving workload with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment. You will be expected to problem solve, collaborate, and move fast while keeping attention to detail. This role will be the key point of contact between our consultants and senior management in order to identify and evaluate key IT risks as well as recommend actions to mitigate risks. This position will report to the Senior Manager -SOX.
What you’ll do:
- 5 plus years of experience in IT audit. Experience with Usage Based Billing will be preferred
- Extensive knowledge of GITCs and have worked with homegrown and SaaS systems
- Experience with partnering with the Cloud Engineering team to ensure financial reporting risks over our internally developed systems are operating as designed. Experience with working with InfoSec to ensure strategic risks across the organization are effectively managed
- Manage a portfolio of product launches/system changes and implementations that require consultation, support, risk and operations assessment, prioritization across the portfolio, identify and communicate any dependencies, highlight and help resolve blocking issues from SOX controls perspective
- Experience with educating business partners on internal SOX risks, controls, and mitigation in a constantly evolving environment; Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Provide recommendations and insights for areas of improvements and automation for processes that are in-scope
- Liaise with external auditors in communicating and discussing SOX overall status, testing results, findings, deficiency assessments, and remediation plan. Understand and manage external auditor expectations to help improve the audit experience for all involved parties
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects concurrently, including managing consultants
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form across a wide array of internal and external stakeholders, including senior management.
- Develop, maintain, track project plans to enable accurate reporting and decision making.
- Identify the root cause of specific problems, collaboratively work with relevant stakeholders in proposing recommendations and appropriate corrective actions to address any areas of concern.
What we’re looking for:
- BA/BS degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field. Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certifications- preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience, with at least 2 years of management, public accounting experience preferred, experience in SOX/internal controls, internal auditing, external auditing, operation, and process improvement
- Deep knowledge of the technology industry, especially platform companies strongly preferred
- Strong experience working with controls in the cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Strong project management, and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong understanding of IT and application controls. Experience with SFDC, NetSuite, Xactly, and Coupa is a plus.
- Self-starter, ability to proactively problem-solve, identify, advocate for and execute improvements
- Experience managing and working with external auditors
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.