- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Nov. 11, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role
As a key member of the treasury team, the Treasury Manager will partner with the Head of Treasury to build a world-class treasury operation for an extremely fast-growing, global, industry disruptor. This is an incredible learning and career development opportunity for the right person. The Treasury Manager will be an innovative thinker with a best-practices mindset and proven track record of rolling up their sleeves and getting into the details of cash forecasting, daily cash management, investment management, foreign exchange hedging and treasury-related controls. This role is based in Silicon Valley and candidates should assume that working from our Mountain View, CA headquarters will be required.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with the Head of Treasury on the building out the global infrastructure for Treasury
- Recommend and implement process improvements across the treasury program
- Participate in architecting and managing the Treasury Management System and hedging program
- Assist with managing external investments
- Open bank accounts to accommodate global expansion
- Cash Forecast Model
- Capital structure evaluation
- Drive annual Insurance renewal
What we’re looking for
- Humble, helpful, and respectful qualities and perspective
- 5+ years relevant experience and bachelor’s degree. CPA, CFA, CTP, and advanced education are a plus
- Both public company and international experience
- A treasury leader with experience successfully defining and implementing strategy
- A Team player who can successfully work cross-functionally with colleagues in different departments and time zones
- A strong project manager capable of performing daily treasury roles while also driving treasury related projects
- An effective and succinct communicator who is not afraid to ask questions
- An ethical and accountable individual with a high level of integrity, optimism, and energy
- Strong understanding of cash management, finance, and accounting
- Experience with Treasury, electronic banking, and ERP systems
- FX Hedging and investment management experience (ideally)
- Advanced spreadsheet modeling and slide deck preparation skills
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.