- Date Posted
- Sep. 28, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
The foundation is already here! You will have the opportunity to further build and develop our Go-to-market Talent team function across all Field Operations business units. Reporting directly to the VP, Global Talent, your work will shape Confluent’s overall GTM hiring strategies, with a specific focus on North America Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success.
In this role, you will not only lead the US-based Sales/Field Ops Talent team but also act as a trusted strategic advisor to our Field Ops leadership team with a focus on experienced market insights, data-centric thinking, and a bias for results delivered via operational excellence.
Are you a leader who likes to empower your team and earn your candidate’s love? This might be the role for you.
What you will do:
- Develop and deliver our Field Ops Talent Strategy and expansion aligned to Confluent’s growth trajectory
- Partner with business leaders to develop GTM specific talent strategies, with a disciplined focus on exceptional support for our hiring stakeholders
- Further, develop close collaborations with key business partners to deliver to Confluent’s goals; Sales Operations, FP&A, HRBP, Compensation, and Benefits
- Optimize operational efficiencies and effective assessment processes that deliver a best in class candidate experience
- Manage, empower and grow a team of multi-leveled recruiters
- Own all GTM Talent dashboards and analytics, inclusive of delivery metrics that enable and guide business outcomes
- Active participation in cross-functional Talent projects that enable us to take our Talent function to the next stratosphere
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of proven Talent Acquisition experience in a hyper-growth environment, with significant, further experience at a senior talent leadership level
- Experience in hiring and developing engaged teams
- Growth mindset, with an internal charter to continually identify new ways of working to challenge the status quo
- Significant, demonstrable experience and knowledge of hiring software sales, customer success talent across a broad range of skills/levels from Sales Development Reps and Marketing Operations to Enterprise Sales/Professional Services Leadership
- Experience developing rigorous internal talent processes that will deliver exceptional results to hiring managers, business partners, and other key stakeholders
- Best practice knowledge of developing forecasting strategies, team capacity plans, and providing important data that influence business decision making
- Ability to develop creative strategies, coach, and lead through change with a voracious appetite to meet and exceed goals
- Driven & proactive personality with strong collaboration skills
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.