- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Nov. 11, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
As a People Business Partner (PBP) supporting the Go to Market leaders, you will be key in the delivery of our People (HR) initiatives and the opportunity to align business objectives with people strategies, in partnership with leaders and managers. These initiatives will align with the Company’s overall business strategy, culture, and values, and will help build and scale globally, an inclusive, results-oriented, high-performance working environment. With past experience working in fast-paced tech companies, the ideal candidate has the knowledge, through experience, of HR policies & procedures as well as success in leveraging procedures to deploy the relevant manager coaching, manager/team enablement, and organizational development initiatives to assist in enabling the business to meet mission-critical deliverables.
The Go to Market function which includes Sales, Marketing, and Customer Solutions is a dynamic and swift organization. This role will require an agile HR professional who adapts quickly to fluid environments, and the confidence to guide the organization through scale and growth.
- Guide and partner with leaders across the Customer Solutions Group and other segments of GTM providing guidance and support on people matters, and deploy talent strategies that advance priorities and drive scale.
- Support full-scale People programs and processes for client groups, including performance management, compensation program administration, talent management, workforce planning, talent & leadership development, employee engagement & retention, org culture, and diversity & inclusion.
- Serve as a solution provider for People support to employees and managers
- Collaborate with team members across the people team, including People Business Partners, compensation, recruiting, learning & development, benefits, and mobility, to help design and implement people programs and initiatives, which attract, develop, retain, and engage industry-leading talent
- Develop trusting, value-add, credible relationships with business leaders, employees, and stakeholders
- Act as a cultural steward to scale the Confluent culture as we grow our teams and locations.
What we’re looking for
- Strong People Business Partner experience; including supporting senior leaders
- Analyze data to ascertain key insights that anchor and inform people strategies to advance business objectives, and deliver high-impact, relevant solutions
- Ability to guide change management and problem solve strategically
- Experience partnering with and providing People change management support to teams in software companies
- Effective problem-solving approach, including innovation and creativity
- A strong balance of IQ and EQ with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working within a multi-regional, fast-growing organization with progressive HR practices
- Strong partnership and collaboration perspective when working across the G&A team including Finance, Legal, Operations, People & Talent teams
- Able to approach issues strategically and thoughtfully
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.