- United States
- Date Posted
- Nov. 18, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role
Due to our rapid growth, we have an immediate need for a Recruiting Manager with Engineering-specific hiring experience to join the Confluent Talent Acquisition Team! This is a player-coach role where you will be both managing a small team and contributing to hiring directly.
Confluent is one of Silicon Valley’s most well-regarded and fastest-growing start-ups and we have an amazing story to tell, one that resonates with smart, humble, and empathetic candidates interested in positions across the organization. This is uniquely so in engineering given the audience for our product and the innovative ways Confluent allows companies across all verticals to leverage data to improve the ways in which they operate.
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience supporting engineering hiring, as a player and a coach, in high-tech software companies through times of scale. We look forward to hearing from you!
What you’ll do
- Source, engage, and hire world-class talent into roles within our engineering organization
- Manage the interview and recruiting process for candidates from identification and engagement all the way through to negotiation and closing
- Manage a small team of experienced Recruiters hiring for our Eng org.
- Collaborate with your team to develop scalable and targeted sourcing and recruiting strategies with hiring managers and with our Talent Operations team
- Operationalize sourcing pipeline into measurable and metrics-driven campaigns
- Effectively partner with your team and employees across the company to drive employee referrals
What we’re looking for
- Full lifecycle recruiting experience for Engineering specific roles in a fast-paced, agile, software company
- Experience managing small teams of Recruiters while ensuring open communication channels, clear expectations, coaching and career development, and the clearing obstacles along the path towards hiring goals
- Ability to implement and coach on advanced searches and sourcing strategies for high-priority open roles
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- The embodiment of our values to ‘Get it done’ and ‘Smart, humble and empathetic’
- Passion for creating the best candidate experience for everyone who comes into our pipe and maintaining that bar across the team you manage
- A strong team player mentality, aligned to our company value of #oneteam
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.