- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the role:
As an application security engineer at Confluent, you will join a team of security architects and engineers responsible for defining and executing on the security strategy of our product for both on-prem and Cloud. You will ensure that security is embedded in how we build our products from design and development to testing to how we run them in the cloud, and partner with product and engineering teams to strategically guard against existing or emerging threats.
This position is responsible for cultivating a culture of security awareness across Eng, Product, and the rest of the organization. The ideal candidate has deep technical security knowledge and expertise and will help define and implement robust security architecture strategies, frameworks and governance processes.
This position is preferred to be based out of our headquarters in Mountain View, CA, but not required.
Who you are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
- Drive and influence software security across the organization by partnering with key stakeholders throughout Confluent
- Propose, design, build and deploy security solutions, frameworks, automation and orchestration to secure cloud applications
- Identify opportunities for implementing additional technology controls to build more visibility or defend key points of attack
- Perform product security reviews and provide critical security guidance to engineers and product managers
- Enhance our security automation, leveraging or building software security tooling to help scale
- Drive the development of an effective product security governance program that ensures strategic alignment of product security and broader corporate and business unit objectives
- Develop and drive security-related communication, training and awareness programs across the organization
What we’re looking for:
- Strong security engineering fundamentals background, especially in the fields of product and cloud security
- The knowledge, experience and perspective necessary to own outcomes, influence stakeholders, and provide effective leadership when it comes to keeping our customers and our product safe
- Decision-maker with the ability to operate with freedom and autonomy
- Ability to own and oversee numerous initiatives, while working collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders, and adjust priorities upon evolving business needs
- A data-driven, decision-making mindset
- Experience working with distributed teams and other cross-functional stakeholders
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.