- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Jun. 7, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
The Business Systems Analyst will be part of the Confluent Finance Systems group. She/He will work closely with the monetization, subscription billing and order management team, supporting various system initiatives aligned to Confluent’s Usage Based Billing & Cloud business. The analyst will be a strong business partner and will contribute to building a world class subscription billing and management solution. You will actively work with stakeholders and find ways to improve and optimize the end-to-end cloud billing systems & process.. In addition to being organized and analytical , He/She will be a great team player and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization. You will have the freedom to exercise creativity, and display your problem-solving skills, while contributing to Confluent’s growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will be the primary BSA, supporting Confluent’s usage-based billing application.
- Work with Monetization and Billing Engineering teams and ensure cloud consumption billing data is defined adequately and supports the needs of finance applications
- An analyst who drives implementation and optimization of the systems and processes for usage-based billing and subscription management
- Partner with finance stakeholders and understand billing data/functionality needs.
- Convert the needs to requirements and come up with solution options.
- Translate business functions requirement to engineering requirements
- Evaluate design alternatives and implications on functionality, effort, performance, and operations.
- Provide systems support and ensure smooth closure of monthly usage-based billing cycle.
- Work closely with the Monetization and Usage-Based Billing team in bringing efficiencies to their monthly close process and also improve upon existing end-to-end cloud billing process
- Ensure procedures, processes, and proper change controls are adhered to on all production changes and implementations
- Work with NPI and cross-functional project teams to perform end to end testing across subscription billing and revenue systems
Experience and Skills
- Must have 3-4 years of experience working in Order-to-Cash space, supporting finance and sales users.
- 3-4 years experience as systems analyst supporting subscription SAAS and Order-to-Cash applications (E.g SFDC, NetSuite, Stripe or similar applications)
- Experience working independently in an extremely fast-paced high-growth team environment
- Experience in creating system documentation including configuration changes, data mapping requirements, functional designs, test cases, and deployment plans as needed for the engagement
- Experience with CPQ and SFDC subscriptions a plus.
- Must have experience directly working with finance/sales users in gathering requirements and developing solutions
- Must have a good understanding of finance and accounting concepts
- Exposure to process and project management methodologies, tools, and processes
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and responsibilities with competing priorities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information systems, Accounting or related experience
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.