- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Jun. 7, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the role
Given our aspiration to make event streaming the central nervous system of the modern digital business, a robust cloud partner ecosystem is not only essential to our success, but represents an x-factor opportunity as we create this new event-streaming category.
We are seeking an experienced, high impact leader to join our Ecosystems and Business Development team. In this role, you will build relationships with Global Systems Integrator (GSI) partners, and scale relationships and business value across one or multiple GSIs. You will have an impressive track record in developing joint business plans, value propositions, campaigns, and GTM with GSIs, as well as delivering against highly ambitious, mutually beneficial multi-year financial and strategic goals.
Our ideal candidate will have significant experience and success working with Accenture and/or Deloitte. You have an understanding and appreciation of their global organization and operational structure, GTM, and transformational solutions. Additional experience with other GSIs is preferred, but not required.
- Develop and manage day-to-day relationships with one or more GSIs
- Use your strong understanding of GSI priorities and business models to define how Confluent can best partner with the GSIs in a mutually beneficial manner
- Together with the GSIs, define and develop the right solutions, prioritize verticals and use cases, prioritize target accounts, create customized joint value propositions for customers and sellers, and own accountability for delivering financial and business results
- With the Ecosystems leadership team, define multi-year GSI objectives and metrics (financial and strategic)
- Actively scout and execute on opportunities to triangulate joint GTM opportunities with Cloud partners to activate ecosystem plays in the market
- Foster relationships at multiple levels at partner organizations to drive success
- 8+ years’ experience in the software industry, with 5+ years of leading GSI alliances, especially Accenture and/or Deloitte
- Excellent communication and presentation capabilities combined with ability to clearly articulate complex business proposals and to influence both internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent collaboration skills that can quickly bring together Product, Marketing, Sales/Field to execute against partnerships
- Strong market knowledge and ability to create successful growth strategies as well as own and execute on a long-term strategic plan
- Demonstrated success at applying analytical skill to long-term business planning that results in tangible business outcomes
- Ability to succeed in a fast paced, high growth environment
- A ‘doer’
- Why you will enjoy working here
Culture is a huge part of Confluent, we’re searching for the best people who not only excel at their role, but also contribute to the health, happiness and growth of the company. Inclusivity and openness are important traits, with regular company wide and team events. Here are some of the personal qualities we’re looking for:
Smart, humble and empathetic
- Hard working, you get things done
- Hungry to learn in a field which is ever evolving
- Adaptable to the myriad of challenges each day can present
- Inquisitive and not afraid to ask all the questions, no matter how basic
- Ready to roll up your sleeves and help others, getting involved in projects where you feel you can add value
- Strive for excellence in your work, your team and the company
Come and build with us. We are one of the fastest growing software companies in the market. A company built on the tenets of transparency, direct communication and inclusivity. Come meet the streams dream team and have a direct impact on how we shape Confluent.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.