- Austin, TX
- Date Posted
- Sep. 28, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
We are looking for a seasoned engineering leader to build and grow the Security engineering team within Trust and Security Org. The Security Engineering team works on high impact security aspects of cloud and on-premise Confluent products. You will work closely with broader engineering teams to show thought leadership in building a platform for mission critical features around access controls and authorization.
Trust and Security Org is one of the leading innovation groups at Confluent that defines the security product roadmap for both cloud and on-premise Confluent products. This team designs a set of distributed applications and compliance platforms with ease of use in mind to manage application and product security, data governance and infrastructure assurance and operations.
Who You Are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Passionate about technology and delivering delightful customer-oriented products
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of engineering management experience leading productive, high-functioning teams in a matrix style organization
- Ability to hire while ensuring a high hiring bar, keep engineers motivated, coach/mentor, and handle performance management
- Prior experience of leading teams, and delivering software, in authorization or identity management space
- Experience with running large stateful production data systems in public clouds
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and development
- A great track record of shipping features and hitting deadlines consistently; should be able to move fast, build in increments and iterate; have a sense of urgency, aggressive mindset towards achieving results and excellent prioritization skills; able to anticipate future technical needs for the product and craft plans to realize them.
- Ability to influence the team, peers, and upper management using effective communication and collaborative techniques; focused on building and maintaining a culture of collaboration within the team
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.