- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Jun. 7, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Team:
The Business Systems team’s mission is to drive a coherent, integrated backbone of supporting software systems that are architected for growth, efficiency, and scale. The team is responsible for the overall global information strategy including systems design, architecture, and roadmap. The Business Systems team is an agile organization that helps improve company efficiency and supports strategic business initiatives in partnership with its respective business stakeholders.
About the Role:
The GTM Systems Leader role will be responsible for the business systems delivery and support for Confluent’s customer-facing and Go-To-Market (GTM) systems. They will build and lead a team of business system analysts, developers and administrators, and partner with architects, project managers, and other technology leaders.
- Manage and build a strong Go-To-Market (GTM) system team through coaching and direct feedback.
- Manage an agile team and sprints that include defects, enhancements, and project deliverables; identify/mitigate risks; and act as a team leader, providing support for the scrum team.
- Serve as a strong consultative partner to GTM Teams (Sales, Support, PS, Eduction, Business Development) teams to ensure that the system quality and program standards meet objectives and desired results are achieved
- Actively define and maintain delivery roadmaps to ensure alignment with business teams.
- Track and maintain operational metrics in order to monitor required resource commitments and optimize for end-user satisfaction and cost of service delivery.
- Work closely with business partners to define requirements and ensure that solutions deliver outstanding results and leverage optimal business processes
- Align the outcome of the projects with the organization’s overall business goals
- Directs and lead a team of employees/consultants on a project
- Effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis regarding progress on projects, performance, and potential business risks.
- Manage Salesforce.com and GTM systems incidents through rapid communication and war room level triage and facilitation with vendors and internal stakeholder groups
- Establish and manage relationships with our vendors and suppliers.
- 10+ years delivery experience with Salesforce.com, expert-level familiarity with Salesforce and its peripheral ecosystem.
- Experience with Salesforce CPQ, FinancialForce, and/or Gainsight a plus5+ years of people management experience and show ability to excel in a leadership role3+ years experience business systems delivery team, preferably for a company that experienced hyper growth
- Solid agile delivery, project management, team management, and relationship management skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to clearly articulate to and engage with Senior/Executive management
- Strong customer service attitude
- Demonstrable ability to work with partners of diverse backgrounds both in and outside of the organization
- Ability to reasonably estimate the time for tasks and then meet deadlines set by those estimates; ability to quickly and effectively prioritize multiple requests
- Ability to build strong relationships with functional team leadership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a pleasant, supportive, and customer-focused personality and the ability to work across all levels in an organization
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with focus and with the company’s strategic goals in mind
- Must excel in a fast-paced environment
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.