- Bengaluru, IN
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
Are you an engineer who loves to make things that just work better? Do you love to look at cutting edge technologies and think about how can this run faster, be deployed quicker or fail less?
Do you already have a deep understanding of building distributed systems but would now love to take this to the next level? At Confluent we have built the leading Platform as a Service for streaming data infrastructure but this is just the beginning. We are looking for engineers who will contribute to making every facet of this better still.
Our Kafka team is building a new team in India so if you want to work with one of the most deployed new technologies and learn from the very best this could be the challenge for you.
This is primarily a software engineering role where you will be focussing on optimising and improving performance, cost and resources.
- You will be part of the team building critical features for our products and jointly taking responsibility for their roll out, this will need you to of course write clear crisp code but also look at the bigger picture. For example you will be thinking about compatibility issues and training the team on new functionality.
The tools and solutions you build will deal with all aspects of the product in production such as availability, reliability, performance, monitoring, emergency response, capacity planning, and disaster recovery. We will also be looking to you to influence the overall design and architecture.
All of our engineering team roll up their sleeves and jump in to deal with critical customer issues, this of course helps you with; understanding the challenges customers face and build better products. To do this you will need to have great communication skills towards internal teams and customers alike.
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and operations
- Familiarity with Kafka or similar high-scale distributed data systems
- 8+ years of software development experience in a commercial environment.
- Experience building automation to operate large-scale data systems
- Solid experience working with large private or public clouds
- A self starter with the ability to work effectively in teams
- Excellent spoken / written communication
- Preferred proficiency with Python/Java, shell scripting, system diagnostic and automation tooling
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent
What Gives You An Edge:
- Experience operating Kafka at scale is a big plus
- Experience working with JVMs a plus
- Experience with systems performance a plus
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.