- Raleigh, NC
- Date Posted
- Sep. 28, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
The Regional Systems Engineering (SE) Manager will be responsible for building and maintaining an effective team of Pre-sales Systems Engineers dedicated to working hand in hand with Account Executives and Sales Management to achieve shared revenue goals. An effective SE Manager will build trusted advisor relationships with employees, customers, and partners. The SE Manager will focus on achieving the “technical win” on opportunities by providing accurate and compelling proposed solutions with a clear value proposition and plan of success. SE Managers are expected to be a player-coach so they need to have deep technical skills as well as understanding the business.
- Previously a Systems Engineering Team Lead or Manager for 3+ years
- Lead a team of systems engineers to deliver pre-sales technical support in sales presentations, solution development, and product demonstrations of Streaming Platform capabilities
- Strategize with Sales Management on how to best support our customers and grow Confluent value
- Lead, grow, and mentor your Sales Engineering team to develop and maintain the skills necessary to deliver proposed solutions and the surrounding ecosystem - Microservices, Linux, Kubernetes, Cloud Deployments, Data Sources and Sinks
- Develop and improve processes and procedures to minimize errors, maximize efficiencies and ensure the team can scale exponentially - never recreate the same thing twice
- Conduct typical management functions such as interview/hire qualified candidates, conduct performance reviews, and actively participate in employee career planning to help them achieve their long-term goals
- Conduct customer presentations on the value proposition and technical solution set for assigned accounts and focus areas throughout the Region
- Responsible for review of Statement of Work (SOW), Proof of Concept documentation prior to customer presentation
- Function as a collector of region requirements to help guide the Confluent roadmap on the customer’s behalf
- Five or more years of experience in providing pre-sales engineering support
- Experience with technical sales of distributed systems, infrastructure software like databases, message queues, SaaS, or Big Data products
- Exceptional presentation and communications capabilities. Confidence presenting to a highly skilled and experienced audience, including enterprise architects and C-level executives
- Clear, consistent demonstration of self-starter behavior and a desire to tackle hard technical problems Bachelor’s level degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
- Understanding of Linux systems operations concepts (disk, network, operating systems, etc)Proficiency in Java or Python with experience developing ETL applications
What gives you an edge
- Previous experience building solutions with Apache Kafka
- Experience building and operating large-scale systems
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Traditional Middlewares
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.