- Bengaluru, IN
- Date Posted
- Oct. 11, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the role:
We are looking for a smart, humble, and empathetic technologist to drive the definition and evolution of several initiatives in the observability space.
In this role you’d be responsible for leading the charter, roadmap and execution for our Health+ and Alerts platform. This charter includes a mix of infrastructure, APIs and application layer to build a large-scale notifications platform, intelligent alerts, decision engine along with customer-facing user interface. This platform is a key differentiator for Confluent and will be a major part of the long-term success of the business.
In this role, you will balance strategic long-term thinking with short and medium-term delivery on new products and infrastructure. You will be a highly-visible example of engineering and architectural excellence and will help identify and mentor future technical leaders in the organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive the overall technical charter for the Health+ and Alerts Platform
- Work closely with product management and engineering management to build and drive the overall roadmap for Confluent’s customer-facing observability products
- Deliver high impact to the business by driving important technical initiatives in areas comprising (but not limited to) operational improvements, stability, reliability, quality, developer productivity, architectural hygiene, and major component refactor across organizational boundaries
- Be as a strong technical leader and representative for engineering teams in India
- Lead the team and the product on aspects of product definition, architectural design, and delivery
- Improve the performance, scalability, and elasticity of systems in this space
Who you are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and are excited about team and company success
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What we’re looking for:
- 14+ years of experience in delivering scalable software solutions
- Proven track record of leading the delivery of large-scale, highly available, low latency, high quality systems
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in large scale systems engineering or distributed systems
- Experience in driving operational excellence for large, production servicesExperience working in large private or public clouds Track record of providing technical leadership and mentorship
- Track record of working collaboratively across teams and roles, including but not limited to product management, UX, and other engineering teams and leaders.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.