- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Nov. 18, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
We are looking for a deeply technical security engineer to be a part of our Infrastructure Assurance and Operations Team. The responsibilities include securing all aspects of our cloud infrastructure in a multi-cloud environment. In this role, you will work with key partners in our cloud infrastructure and reliability engineering team, and all other engineering groups building products in the cloud or making configuration changes in our production cloud environment. This position is responsible for influencing and facilitating the adoption of devsecops best practices and building scalable engineering solutions to minimize the risk of security vulnerabilities arising from engineering operational changes to our cloud infrastructure. The ideal candidate has deep technical knowledge and expertise in cloud security. This position is preferred to be based out of our headquarters in Mountain View, CA, but not required.
We intend to be the world’s best, fastest, and most complete stream processing service built by an excellent team, all while having fun - come join us on the journey!
Who You Are
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
- Propose, design, build and deploy security solutions, frameworks, automation and orchestration to secure our cloud infrastructure and resources
- Build modular, reusable and scalable automation solutions to improve the safety and security of changes to production infrastructure and operations on cloud resources.
- Analyze and harden existing infrastructure, automation, and deployment processes using infrastructure-as-code and related orchestration technologies.
- Be a subject matter expert for the company around infrastructure security
- Build and maintain an effective and scalable security monitoring infrastructure solution.
- Proactively monitor and mitigate any security vulnerabilities that affect our cloud resources and infrastructure.
- Research new threat attack vectors and maintain strong knowledge of ongoing security threats/remediation/operational standard methodologies to keep Confluent and its customers safe.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree required; BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- 5+ years’ experience in cloud security, with proficiency in at least one of the three clouds (AWS, GCP and/or Azure)
- Broad knowledge of private and public cloud attack vectors with security subject matter expertise in at least one major public cloud provider (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Programming experience in Java, Python, or Go
- Experience securing SaaS applications and cloud environments at scale
- Working experience with distributed systems, containerization (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Understanding of cloud security maturity model frameworks and how to apply them
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.