- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Dec. 9, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
We are looking for an experienced security engineer to join our infrastructure security team with a strong focus on data security, privacy and governance. This role is responsible for working with our data science, engineering and IT function to design, develop and maintain a cloud first complex data platform to bring stronger data security and privacy practices by design. An ideal candidate will have experience and passion for solving data security issues, including the ability to perform threat modeling and designing/developing data pipelines that allow for a scalable data governance program. Tooling and automation will be key to success as we scale our environments to meet customer demand.
We intend to be the world’s best, fastest, and most complete stream processing service built by an excellent team, all while having fun - come join us on the journey!
Who You Are
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
- Collaborate with engineering teams to harden our data infrastructure as we build first class tooling around data access.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the domain of data security to the rest of engineering.
- Design and apply data security and privacy best practices in the environment - including but not limited to data classification, data lineage, data tokenization, and data minimization.
- Implement necessary telemetry and tooling for effective monitoring of sensitive data access, across all components of our data infrastructure.
- Build and maintain data access policies that are effective, auditable and scalable.
- Develop detection strategies to identify anomalous activity and ensure that our data infrastructure and most importantly, our data remains in a safe environment.
- Contribute to strategy, risk management and prioritization for all efforts around data security.
What We’re Looking For
- Decision-maker with the ability to operate with freedom and autonomy.
- Experience working with distributed teams and other cross-functional stakeholders.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and workload.
- Ability to code fluently in Python, Java or Go.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.