- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Sep. 21, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About The Role
We are looking for an experienced security engineer to join our infrastructure security team with a strong focus on detection and response. You will have a unique opportunity to leverage your threat detection and response experience and build some of the foundational systems and services to keep our infrastructure free from malicious actors and threats. You will partner closely with all engineering teams, IT administrators, and compliance analysts to ensure that we maintain sufficient visibility into our environments and develop effective programs and practices to ensure that our environments are always secure. Tooling and automation will be key to success as we scale our environments to meet customer demand.
We intend to be the world’s best, fastest, and most complete stream processing service built by an excellent team, all while having fun - come join us on the journey!
Who You Are
Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
- Collaborate with engineering teams for building and setting up pipelines needed to gather relevant security telemetry.
- Build and maintain an effective and scalable security monitoring infrastructure solution.
- Develop detection strategies to identify anomalous activity and ensure that our critical infrastructure and services operate in a safe environment.
- Build processes and workflows to triage security alerts and respond to real incidents.
- Research new threat attack vectors and ensure that our detection and response capability is in line with the current threat landscape.
- Proactively improve the quality of our detection rules and strive to eliminate classes of issues by working directly with engineering teams.
- Contribute to strategy, risk management and prioritization for all efforts around detection and response.
What We’re Looking For
Strong domain knowledge in security incident detection and response.
Hands-on experience in instrumenting and deploying telemetry solutions to ensure visibility in large-scale, heterogenous deploymentsDemonstrated experience with effective incident response and containment practices. preferably in a cloud-first environment.
- Experience with operating open-source and/or commercial solutions for logging and security event management..Decision-maker with the ability to operate with freedom and autonomy.
- Experience working with distributed teams and other cross-functional stakeholders.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and workload.
- Ability to script or code fluently in an interpreted language.
- Experience with serverless deployments in AWS, GCP, or Azure is a plus.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.