- United States
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About The Role:
As a Sr. Principal Engineer at Confluent, you will be a pragmatic visionary taking on Confluent’s most challenging problems, someone who can translate both immediate and strategic needs into workable technology solutions. You will be a leader in the organization, a highly visible example of engineering and architectural excellence, who will establish technical standards to move the organization forward, who will be a key driver of Confluent engineering values across the team, and who will identify and help mentor future technical leaders in the organization. You will be a leader outside of the organization in technical communities bringing a strong following and technical network and be an external face of Confluent Engineering in the industry.
For this specific role, we are looking for an experienced engineer, who will define the software architecture and influence the solution and business strategy to build a cost-effective network control plane and data plane. This architecture is the backbone of Confluent cloud that supports all of our products and services. This role will enable high scale customers to use Confluent Cloud cost-effectively with high performance.
In this critical role, you would work closely with the product and engineering teams to define and implement the next generation of Confluent Cloud network infrastructure to ensure we can serve our highest scale customers.
About The Team:
- Writing software to automate the lifecycle of network infrastructure to connect customers to Confluent Cloud
- Building and operating a proxy layer between customer clients and Kafka
- Building services on AWS, GCP, and Azure with Kubernetes
- Running all of the above in our very own elastic, high-scale cloud offering
Who You Are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience architecting cloud-scale systems with a focus on networking
- A consistent track record of delivering projects involving multiple teams and influence across multiple engineering organizations
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and development
- Experience building and operating large-scale systems
- Solid understanding of basic systems operations (disk, network, operating systems, etc)
- A self-starter with the ability to work effectively in teams
- Experience with public clouds (AWS, Azure and/or GCP), especially the networking aspects
What Gives You An Edge:
- Experience working on stream processing technology or query processing systems
- Experience with Terraform or similar config management technologies
- Strong networking background combined with your software engineering experience
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.