- Bengaluru, IN
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
We are looking for an experienced backend software engineer to work on high impact security aspects of the cloud and on-premise Confluent products especially around audit logs, identity management and authorization platforms. You have a passion for building delightful solutions for our customers and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and operating services, with stringent performance, reliability and scalability requirements.
Who You Are:
Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Passionate about technology and delivering delightful customer-oriented products
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about the challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What We’re Looking For:
- More than 10 years of experience in the related field
- Deep expertise in building and operating large scale distributed systems
- Experience with one or more of these programming languages - Go or Java
- Familiarity with using Cloud Infrastructure Providers such as AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Familiarity with concepts of big data - Kafka, Spark, NoSQL
- Self-starter with the ability to work effectively in a team with excellent communication skills
What Gives You an Edge:
- Experience in one or more of the following security areas - access management protocols and technologies (OIDC, OAuth, mTLS, SAML, etc.), authorization frameworks or auditing
- Experience working with Kubernetes and Cloud deployment frameworks
Experience leveraging third-party SaaS services
Knowledge of Apache Kafka
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.