- Bengaluru, IN
- Date Posted
- Sep. 21, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About The Team:
The Information Technology team’s mission is to keep us efficient & secure by ensuring the systems and technology that we use every day are always up and running. The team is responsible for managing Confluent’s internal systems & infrastructure and providing end-user support. The IT group oversees a cloud-first environment with a mixture of on-premises & public cloud infrastructure as well as a large number of best-of-breed SaaS applications.
About The Role:
The Systems Engineer is responsible for a combination of day to day management of key corporate systems while also leading design & implementation for new platforms. In conjunction with Systems & Infrastructure leadership, the incumbent will also participate in the systems design & long-term planning.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure stability of network & server infrastructure in Confluent facilities globally
- Administration of enterprise-wide applications used for engineering, security, and management (GitHub, Atlassian, Intune, JAMF)
- Evaluation, recommend, & implement new platforms
- Manage multi-cloud corporate environments including a combination of compute, networking, storage, and PaaS solutions
- Maintain documentation, system roadmaps, and internal process runbooks
- Provide tier 3 escalation support
- Partner with stakeholders in engineering, infosec, and other groups
- Participate in a recurring on-call rotation
What We’re Looking For:
- 4+ years of experience as a Systems Administrator or Systems Engineer with progressively increasing responsibilities in a mid-size enterprise
- Experience with traditional infrastructure technologies; Virtualization, Storage, Networking, Firewalls, & Wireless, and various server operating systems
- Familiarity with advanced networking concepts
- Familiarity with AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Experience managing Atlassian products including administration, projects, and workflows
- Hands-on experience with a variety of security technologies and an understanding of security best practices
- Experience working with and integrating SaaS solutions covering a combination of productivity, collaboration, communication, and security tools
- Familiarity of variety of compliance frameworks such as SOC2, ISO270001, SOX, etc
- Experience writing scripts using bash, python, or other languages
- Formal Project Management Experience, Understanding of waterfall vs. agile methodologies
- Strong communication, presentation, and documentation skills
- Self-starter who can take projects from ideation to completion with minimal guidance
- Ability to work on a complex project while simultaneously managing operational work
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.