- United States
- Date Posted
- Dec. 30, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
We are seeking a compliance professional to join our growing legal team. In this role, you will assist in the development, implementation, and assessments of company-wide compliance programs, trainings, policies and procedures. To be successful in this role, you must be able to work independently, to build systems and processes, and to collaborate with teams and colleagues around the world.
In the legal department, we are passionate about enabling customer success, while building a strong foundation for the future. We strive to provide thoughtful and pragmatic counsel and to minimize risks as we pursue business opportunities. We thrive by working together to solve complex challenges, supporting and learning from each other, and having fun!
What You’ll Do:
- Support the creation and implementation of enterprise compliance controls
- Manage departmental applications and tools, and improve the compliance function’s operational efficiency
- Lead the creation and deployment of all ethics and compliance communication and awareness campaigns
- Create quarterly global compliance newsletter
- Administer and manage the content on our department’s compliance portal, including all instances of our policies across internal and external websites
- Oversee training policies and procedures
- Support multiple business activities in developing and maintaining their training programs including learner roll-out/assignment strategy
- Maintain compliance policies and facilitate annual reviews/updates with the leadership team
- Create and organize training manuals, reference library, testing and evaluation procedures, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials
- Support the development and execute the implementation of strategies to measure the effectiveness of compliance training and communication programs with the oversight of senior leadership
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor Degree from a 4-year accredited university in business, computer science, or information systems preferred
- 5-7 years of relevant experience or transferable skills
- Knowledge of compliance-related practices and standards
- Expertise in project/program management
- Experience working with learning management systems and development of learning content
- Ability to work independently on projects with minimal supervision, and manage multiple projects/meet deadlines within budget and with consistently high-quality work product
- Strong understanding of software technology and cloud services, associated business models, and technology industry trends
- Excellent legal and business judgment with the ability to assess and communicate risks to business partners in a clear and actionable way
- Strong written and oral communication skills; to communicate regulatory compliance issues in a concise and actionable manner to senior management
- High level of integrity, team orientation, and treating others with respect
- Growth mindset, positive attitude, resilient, and thrives in a high-growth, fast-paced environment
- People who are smart, humble and empathetic, and who enjoy working as one team to get things done!
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.