- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Jun. 7, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role
Due to our continued growth, we have an immediate opening for a Legal Counsel to join the Confluent Team! This person will report to the Associate General Counsel and the ideal candidate for this role will have significant experience with SaaS contracts and working closely with Sales Teams. Remote candidates welcome (PST preferred)!
- Support Confluent’s Sales organizations in structuring, drafting and negotiating commercial agreements
- Work with Managing Counsel on a variety of other projects
- Work with internal legal team to support executives and other business units
What we’re looking for:
- 5-10 years of commercial transactions experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Significant experience negotiating technology subscription agreements, license and support agreements, and cloud services agreements with large enterprise customers
- Experience with open source licensing and business models
- Experience and aptitude working cross-functionally with internal organizations to resolve questions and concerns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; plain English, not legalese
- Ability to use sound judgment to address complex issues while maintaining an appropriate balance between legal and business requirements
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal clients, work independently with minimal supervision, and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced startup environment
- True team player
- License to practice in one or more states
Additional highly desirable experience:
Some privacy, DPA and BAA negotiation experience
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.