- Date Posted
- Oct. 28, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
We are looking for a Portuguese-speaking Engagement Manager to join our Professional Services team under the Customer Success organization. As an Engagement Manager you will assure Customer success by driving customer satisfaction throughout the Professional services life-cycle for key customers, from orchestrating the engagement to successful delivery and beyond.
As a Confluent Ambassador the Engagement Manager ensures our customers are making the most value of our products and services by preparing, managing the delivery and follow-up of our professional services engagements. Acting as the primary Professional Services contact for our key customers the Engagement Manager is a long term, relationship based, customer facing role. Besides customer facing activities, the Engagement Manager is involved in supporting the Professional Services Team working on new offerings, being involved in Large Account expansion planning and building a first class Professional Services Team.
The role can be based anywhere in Florida.
Typical activities at Confluent in this role may involve:
- Own and lead selected, simultaneous customer engagements and manages customer expectations (~3-5 accounts)
- Identify opportunities for new Services by understanding and addressing potential new use-cases.
- Collaborate with other department like Sales and Presales to work on offerings and proposals containing Professional Services.
- Consult with client to understand and analyze engagement scope, requirements, time, cost, benefits etc.
- Manage project onsite activities and oversee completion of deliverables, managing schedules, meeting milestones, and ensuring success. Responsible for customer satisfaction throughout the engagement cycle
- Prepare client facing and internal collateral such as solution presentations, project plan and status reports
- Support Professional Services team with administrative tasks.
- Act as an GoTo person for Sales to demonstrate Professional Services best-practices
- Can demonstrate the value of Professional Services externally and internally.
- Embodies the One Team spirit with PS Team, Sales, Operations and Resource Management
- Represents Professional Services within Account planning sessions and is able to formulate PS strategy for according accounts
Required skills and experience:
- The Engagement Manager will need to lead and motivate others: Customers, Sales and Partners with the ability to think strategically. He/She interfaces effectively with employees and customers of all levels.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are evident
- Fluency in Portuguese + an ability to articulate, educate and sell the business value to both Portuguese & English speaking customers
- Strong service delivery, time, project and priority management skills
- Experience in project financial fundamentals
- Ability managing critical and political situations with business stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer-centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity
- Proven team player and team builder
- Demonstrated client relationship and interpersonal skills.
- Loves to work in a fast growing and dynamic environment and is able to keep pace with constant change.
- Ability (and willingness) to travel up to 50% of the time to client engagements.
- Proficient English speaking and writing skills are a must
Culture is a huge part of Confluent, we’re searching for the best people who not only excel at their role, but also contribute to the health, happiness and growth of the company. Inclusivity and openness are important traits, with regular company wide and team events. Here are some of the personal qualities we’re looking for:
Smart, humble and empathetic
- Hard working, you get things done
- Hungry to learn in a field which is ever evolving
- Adaptable to the myriad of challenges each day can present
- Inquisitive and not afraid to ask all the questions, no matter how basic
- Ready to roll up your sleeves and help others, getting involved in projects where you feel you can add value
- Strive for excellence in your work, your team and the company
Come and build with us. We are one of the fastest growing software companies in the market. A company built on the tenets of transparency, direct communication and inclusivity. Come meet the streams dream team and have a direct impact on how we shape Confluent.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.