- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 1, 2021
- Product Engineering
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the role:
As a Practice Manager, you will help organizations navigate significant business and technological transformation associated with adopting a streaming platform, while helping to build the professional services team at Confluent. You will engage across the lifecycle of our customers to align business outcomes, ensuring clear success criteria, and assess customer success. This role will mentor and lead within Professional Services as well as align with strategic delivery partners within a region.
- Drive success with Confluent Professional Services customers across a regional customer base. Manage bookings, revenue, margins, and satisfaction targets. Create and drive legal terms agreements for your customers.
- Engage with stakeholders across the customer organization from C-level / VP to Architects and program managers. Build initial services direction, ensure customer success and satisfaction, and contribute to the account and regional growth plans.
- Build a great team and company. Help to develop strong relationships, capabilities, and experience among Confluent team members.
- Participate in Confluent product and sales strategy conversations affecting customers in your region.
- Strengthen Confluent success across your customer base by developing strong delivery partner executive relationships and awareness of partner delivery capabilities.
- Willing to travel upto 50%
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience overseeing enterprise-level IT delivery projects (10+ years or equivalent capability).
- Experience selling enterprise IT delivery services (2+ years or equivalent capability).
- Demonstrated success in building and developing remote delivery teams including resource management, performance assessment, and career/growth planning.
- The role will be largely customer-facing, so candidates need exceptional interpersonal communications capabilities. They travel to customer sites and lead engagements that include working with business executives, enterprise architects and engineering/design management personnel from the customer.
- Ability (and willingness) to travel up to 50% of the time to client sites to support sales opportunities and existing customer relationships.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.