- Bengaluru, IN
- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
- Product Engineering
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
As a Sr Product Manager on the Platform Observability team at Confluent, you’ll contribute to the mission of building the world’s best event streaming platform. Our Observability products are used both by internal stakeholders and directly by customers through API’s, CLI’s and UI’s in both our cloud and platform offerings. Our customers rely on these products to monitor and manage the world’s largest and most sophisticated Kafka clusters.
You’ll be responsible for the success of a major product initiative, from initial conception and customer development to growth strategy. You’ll become the trusted resource for your product, making sure that the engineering, design, sales, and marketing have what they need to make the right tradeoffs, build the right product, and grow it successfully in the market.
- Experience building and supporting enterprise-grade products as an engineer, product manager, or solutions architect.
- Experience building, writing, maintaining and defending a clear product roadmap and backlog backed by user stories and customer research.
- 5+ years of experience as a product owner or product manager although exceptions might be made for seasoned engineers with strong customer focus.
- Exceptional written and presentation skills. At Confluent we rely heavily on documents to explain the vision and facilitate concrete communication.
- Empathy for all disciplines of a growing enterprise technology company including engineering, sales, marketing and business development.A solid understanding of how Kafka is used by developers and operators and how cloud-first enterprise software companies add value.
- Ability to build relationships with co-workers and customers located around the world.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.