- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 28, 2021
- Product Engineering
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
As a Sr. Technical Enablement Program Manager, you will design, develop, lead and facilitate technical training content and programs to drive the onboarding and ongoing enablement of the Confluent customer-facing technical field teams. These programs include building technical learning paths, eLearning self-paced courses, certifications, and other enablement programs to maximize the technical team members’ productivity leading to success in their role. Confluent’s Technical Field teams include all customer-facing technical roles, including Solutions Engineering, Customer Solutions and Innovation, Customer Success Engineering, Education, Professional Services, and Global Technical Support.
You will work closely with Product Managers, Product Marketing Managers, and the Technical Program Management team to ensure the field is trained and enabled in a timely manner with the required technical depth on Confluent product’s new releases and tech features. You develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of our customers, cloud providers, and partners to properly identify what is relevant for technical field teams to be enabled on. The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously is key to successful performance in this role.
An ideal candidate is passionate about training and technology, accountable, highly organized, self-motivated, and able to lead cross-functional projects. You think strategically and are adaptable to changing priorities to drive performance, productivity and results via building strong relationships.
- Design, implement and sustain the successful execution of enablement programs to ensure the CSG teams are equipped with content, resources, tools, and training to effectively differentiate our solution.
- Define, implement and drive a technical onboarding program to ensure new team members have a technical foundation for success at the end of their onboarding.
- Align with internal stakeholders to identify the knowledge and skills gaps and create training content and programs to address those gaps globally.
- Facilitate cross-team collaboration, partnering closely with subject matter experts and stakeholders to develop training and enablement curriculum for various audiences.
- Define and track KPIs to measure and report on the effectiveness of enablement programs conducted and periodically evaluate programs based on feedback and KPIs.
- Assess and analyze the learning needs of technical team members based on the organization’s strategic plans.
- Identify innovative techniques to scale the training delivery.
- Maintain an understanding of Confluent’s customers, cloud providers, and partners with customer empathy in mind.
- Solid understanding of the enablement processes, and how to evangelize and roll out the programs effectively across the organization.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the cloud consumption model and the services of the major Cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure) including streaming, storage and networking solutions.
- Demonstrated capability in working with various departments across multiple levels, roles, and functions internally with expertise in Cloud / SaaS and Open Source.
- Ability to take complex technical concepts and clearly explain them to audiences of varying technical expertise (from sales professionals to technical experts).Ability to work well under pressure, thrive in a fast-paced environment, able to manage competing priorities, and stay flexible through growth and change.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills. Proven project management skillsExcellent communication skillsAbility to lead and influence cross-functional teams in a collaborative manner
- Proven track record of picking up new skills quickly.
- Experience with learning management systems, content development tools, and virtual delivery platforms is a plus.
- Instructional design experience in building learning programs for technical audiences is a plus
- Experience with Apache Kafka or distributed systems is a plus.
- Bachelors’ degree in a technical field or relevant experience
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impac