- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
- Product Engineering
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
As a Senior Product Manager in the Streaming Designer team at Confluent, you’ll contribute to the mission of building the world’s best data in motion platform. You will also be responsible for building solutions on top of Confluent’s data in motion platform that’s cloud-native, complete, and everywhere.
You’ll be responsible for the success of a major product initiative, from initial conception and customer development to growth strategy. You’ll become the trusted resource for your product, making sure that the engineering, design, sales, and marketing have what they need to make the right tradeoffs, build the right product, and grow it successfully in the market.
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum 6 years of experience as a software product manager, ideally for a developer product, and 8-12 years of experience in overall technical roles.
- Empathy for our enterprise customers, and a passion for solving their problems with the software.
- Ability to craft a product strategy and roadmap in concert with customers, engineering, design, and go-to-market teams
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to distill technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Strong technical competency, especially with distributed data systems, public and private clouds, and stream processing
- Experience with a modern integration platform is a plus.
- Experience with low-code, no-code tools, and products that are used to create streaming ETL pipelines is a plus
- Experience engaging with an open-source community is a plus
- MBA is a strong plus
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical field
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.