- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Jun. 14, 2021
- Product Management
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Team:
Confluent is looking for an outstanding Director of Product Marketing to lead the go-to-market efforts and messaging for Confluent Cloud.
About the Role:
Driving data in motion within public clouds is critical to the success of Confluent and our customers. In this role, you’ll be responsible for creating and owning the message we use to go to market with Confluent Cloud. This includes, but it is not limited to, strategic messaging & positioning, AR/PR, field enablement, campaign advisory, program advisory, and product launches.You will partner with product management, field leaders, and the broader marketing organization to develop our cloud strategy and develop technical user journeys along with compelling thought leadership content. We are seeking a results-oriented business leader who is passionate and knowledgeable about the broad set of modern technologies deployed by cloud-centric companies -- someone who is ready to make a substantial impact for a disruptive technology company transforming data architectures at enterprises on their cloud-native journey.
- Oversee Confluent Cloud messaging and positioning for both external and internal audiences
- Communicate the vision and value of new products to sales teams and develop sales tools that facilitate the selling process
- Support the development of external marketing communications across channels
- Obtain insights into customers’ usage of current products, untapped opportunities and buyer personas, through interviews, surveys, focus groups and sales data
- Produce compelling external-facing content, including thought leadership content, customer stories, webinars, data sheets, solution guides
- Drive compelling product launches and marketing campaigns
- Track, measure, and report against objectives
- Be an active speaker at events, webinars and conferences
- Hire and attract top talent to grow the team
What We’re Looking For:
- 6+ years of experience in product marketing at a high tech company or similar
- Creative thinker who can generate innovative marketing ideas, work collaboratively, and lead a cross-functional team of stakeholders to drive execution
- Proven track record of crafting compelling positioning and thought leadership content
- Experience with SEM and digital marketing campaigns including creating compelling CTAs and assets
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to successfully define and drive project execution with minimal guidance amidst multiple priorities and goals
- Knowledge of enterprise infrastructure software and cloud technologies such as messaging, streaming, microservices, and data analytics
- Proven track record of launching and growing enterprise products
- Data-driven strategic problem solver
- Experience working with direct sales teams and global channel partners
- Hands-on ability to create a range of marketing assets, including on-message product demo videos and succinct slide pitch-decks
- Exceptional communication skills in front of internal, external, and global audiences
- Performing well in a fast-paced environment and organizational skills to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines effectively
- MBA is a plus
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.