- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Nov. 23, 2021
- Product Management
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
You will help manage conversion rate optimization for Confluent’s marketing website including ideation, planning, experimentation, optimization, and analysis. We’re looking for someone who can jump in to help increase web testing velocity while also maintaining focus on the holistic user journey. The role will be very cross-functional, working with Design, Web Development, Product Marketing, Developer Experience, Marketing Operations, Data Science, and other internal teams to continually improve our public-facing web experience. Specifically, this role will focus on optimizing the adoption and impact of the developer learning experience on our site as a key driver of product adoption - critical to the success of our business.
You will be a part of Confluent’s Digital Growth team which consists of the Website Optimization team (that’s us!) as well as the traffic-driving Paid Media and SEO teams. Web Optimization is currently a team of two looking to grow with our third hire! We work cross-functionally with many teams at Confluent to optimize the many user paths through our website into our products.
What you’ll do:
- Identify high-value opportunities to improve user experience and better optimize conversion for those experiences
- Identify gaps in website content and work with teams to build new web pages
- Build a testing timeline to ensure visibility with other orgs
- Run experimentation for your area, from ideation to post-experiment analyses
- Highlight impact and learnings from experimentation to the wider org and identify takeaways that could help educate other efforts across the company
- Identify gaps in web event tracking and work with Data Science and Developers to implement correct tracking
- Monitor website performance and actively look for trends/insights in the data
What you’ve done
- Proficiency and hands-on experience with web experimentation tools such as Optimizely, Adobe Target or Google OptimizeStrong understanding of conversion optimization and web UX best practices
- Proven success optimizing conversion rates at previous companies
- Independence with respect to data analysis, critical thinking, and data-driven decision making
- Intermediate to Advanced SQLProficiency with Google AnalyticsFamiliarity with HTML/CSS
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.