- United States
- Date Posted
- Nov. 18, 2021
- Product Management
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Team:
The Confluent partner marketing team is the growth engine building awareness and generating demand with Confluent partners for the leading streaming platform based on Apache Kafka. Our ability to think outside the box and bring together diverse skill sets allows us to define new roads to build an enterprise business unmatched in the industry. We tackle massive challenges and have fun as a team solving them.
About the Role:
Confluent is looking for a Partner Marketing Manager focused on our ISV partnerships, with exceptional communication and content skills with a passion for partners. As a Partner Marketing Manager for technology ecosystem partners, you will work closely with Confluent’s technology partners (ISV’s and IHV’s) who build integrations with Confluent products in order to create go-to-market strategies and co-marketing activities. Our primary objective will be to drive awareness and build a pipeline for our joint solutions integrations, which have been verified to work with the Confluent platform.
- Lead and influence the development of partner marketing strategies and plans to ensure co-marketing objectives align with Confluent’s business goals.
- Understand partners’ business objectives, go-to-market approach, and channel and use this insight to build and execute joint partner marketing strategy focused on lead generation and opportunity pipeline.
- Help lead positioning and awareness of partners and their solutions, including blog posts, marketing, and promotional assets, and partner best practices.
- Work with our priority technology ecosystem partners to develop messaging for joint solutions and marketing programs based on market trends and competitors.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders including, product marketing, product management, field marketing partner management, technical teams on creating joint partner assets and collaterals.
- Partner with the sales enablement team to develop training and messaging for partner value proposition and solutions.
- Evaluate the marketing performance of partners and recommend improvements. Report progress against campaign goals and report on ROI.
What We’re Looking For:
- Requires bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus 5+ years related experience in marketing, partner marketing, business development, and/or technical/solution marketing while leading cross-functional efforts.
- Proven track record of driving customer value and expanding brand presence through partnerships.
- Experience with tracking key performance metrics for partner marketing with outstanding results.
- Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills with the ability to present complex technical ideas in a simple, straightforward manner.
- Self-motivated, innovative, and creative with strong project management.
- Ability to collaborate as part of a cross-functional team and also work independently.
Our Ideal Candidate Would Have:
- Experience working and building partner marketing programs with technology partners (especially with ISV’s) and programmatically managing partners via a partner program.
- Worked on marketing systems (PRM & CRM), partner portals, and metric tools.
- Experience working with external marketing agencies and building marketing programs with a large group of partners.
- Worked in a startup with an open-source background in products and services.
At Confluent, diversity and inclusion are part of our DNA. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.