- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Nov. 11, 2021
- Product Management
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
We’re currently searching for an experienced Principal Marketing Program Management and Planning (Principal). The ideal candidate has experience building and leading integrated marketing programs and injecting both program and project management skills critical to help us form, execute and measure the success of our strategic initiatives. We are in build mode; this candidate will hit the ground running to help us define and scale-out our Marketing PMO and strategic planning capabilities as part of the Marketing Operations team to meet the needs of the business today and as we grow. You’ll get to help us form program strategies and oversee the delivery of cross-functional Marketing programs and campaigns.
This role will work collaboratively across Marketing, Sales, Business Operations, and Enablement.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to provide leadership in marketing business planning, campaign cycle planning, marketing calendar management, launch management, key organizational metrics, and other operationally strategic projects
- Identify and structure systems and strategic frameworks to build & lead integrated marketing programs by working with stakeholders across the organization, managing communications, overseeing milestones and timelines
- Develop and lead high visibility marketing planning and prioritization processes
- Define PMO structure and execution models to scale beyond project management across marketing to a true end to end program management
- Partner cross-functionally to establish key performance indicators, track program results, and assess the overall efficiency of the initiative
- Build cross-functional processes targeting key business outcomes and work across Product, Sales, Marketing, Legal, Finance to scale them up
- Develop blueprints and playbooks to scale best-in-class practices
What We’re Looking For:
- 8+ years of experience in program management, marketing programs management, business operations, or marketing operations with proven results within global, high-growth, technology companies.
- Thrives in a dynamic work environment and is able to successfully manage multiple competing priorities.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; comfortable with data curation and insights development; leverage knowledge to make informed decisions and recommend solutions
- Ability to intuitively understand operational challenges and provide timely recommendations in order to drive business decisions
- Able to drive alignment across stakeholders, build and lead cross-functional program and project teams, and influence outcomes & decisions related to key initiatives
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to clearly articulate information tailored to the audience including executives.
- Strong team player who can help us build new capabilities, lead execution activities and motivate diverse and distributed teams in service of high-impact marketing programs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.