- United States
- Date Posted
- Nov. 11, 2021
- Product Management
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role
The Senior Account Based Marketing Manager is responsible for the strategy and implementation of effective 1:1 Account Based Marketing programs that meet the growth objectives of the business, with a strong emphasis on driving pipeline generation exclusively from a strategic target account list, and accelerating existing opportunities. The role reports to the Director, Americas Field Marketing and will also support strong partnership with key stakeholders within the Marketing organization.
What you’ll do
- Help define our Account Based Marketing strategy, programs and execution plan encompassing multiple ABM tools, and manage program tactics, logistics, metrics and budget
- Partner closely with sales/sales leadership to develop growth strategies ensure alignment and optimized engagement within high-value strategic accounts
- Collaborate and partner with core marketing functions on program concept, custom content requirements, digital marketing support/message testing and creative development to ensure effectiveness for strategic accounts
- Help identify the most effective marketing messages, value proposition, materials, channels, and calls to action for personas and accounts
- Help build a scalable ABM framework with documented processes and best practices
- Develop ABM metrics to ensure business impact measured by strategic account pipeline/bookings (sourced/influenced), database growth and accuracy for named accounts, account/persona engagement
- Educate the sales team and customer success managers on new and existing account based marketing activities being performed to increase adoption
- Align and collaborate with sales and sales enablement teams to ensure SLAs for lead and program follow up are achieved
- Help facilitate reporting and metrics on the account based marketing programs and tactics
- Work closely with Marketing and Sales Operations to support high-performance ABM marketing tools/technology
- Develop regional, account focused playbooks including, but not limited to, outbound prospecting, inbound lead follow up, nurture, channel activities, live/online events, meeting setting with the goal of building pipeline and accelerating bookings
What we’re looking for
- 7+ years of proven, multi-channel B2B account-based marketing experience within enterprise software/SaaS
- Proactive self-starter, demonstrating high initiative and critical thinking
- Proven ability to think strategically, but with flawless attention to detail in execution
- Positive, can-do attitude with demonstrated ability to achieve results working cross-functionally with sales, marketing, and product marketing teams
- Experience working both independently and within close teams in a fast-paced remote work environment, and the ability to prioritize/manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience building and delivering targeted, personalized one-to-one field marketing programs, events, executive and strategic account programs, which include partners
- Highly organized and efficient with the ability to develop and execute against an evolving plan with strong project management, planning, and organizational skills
- Ability to clearly communicate new ideas, programs and outcomes to both internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding of pipeline management and metrics
- Demonstrated experience sourcing and overseeing vendors for marketing program execution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills a must. Strong influencing and relationship-building skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Team player with the flexibility to adjust to the dynamic nature of a high-growth organization
- Occasional domestic travel to support customer-facing events - less than 25%
Additional highly desirable experience
- Hands-on CRM/marketing automation tools, preferably Salesforce and Marketo
- Experience working with tools such as DemandBase, Sendoso and 6sense
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.