- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Nov. 18, 2021
- Product Management
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the team:
The Confluent marketing team is the growth engine building awareness and generating demand for the leading event streaming platform based on Apache Kafka. We are category breakers, market definers, and powerful technical persuaders, helping every enterprise realize the power of streaming data. Our ability to bring together diverse skill sets allows us to define new roads to build an enterprise business unmatched in the industry. We tackle massive challenges and have fun solving them as a team.
More specifically, the Cloud Product-Led Growth team is one of the most cross-functional at Confluent and includes folks from lifecycle marketing, product marketing, campaigns, product, data science, commercial sales, finance, and marketing operations. Together, we focus on coordinating strategies and aligning on KPIs to grow our Cloud Self-Service product across various user personas.
About the role:
We are looking for a Product-Led Growth Marketing Manager to expand and optimize our Cloud Self-Service growth engine. In this new role, the successful candidate will partner with cross-functional colleagues to unlock the motions that self-serve signups.
The ideal candidate would have experience using data to inform strategy and experimentation, and is someone who thrives in driving diverse, cross-functional teams to results, at a hyper-growth company.
What you will do:
- Owning all self-service acquisitions for Confluent Cloud.
- Partnering with Marketing, Sales, Developer Relations, & Product Growth teams to align roadmaps.
- Driving week to week execution, as well as the quarterly and annual planning processes for self-service acquisition. Partnering with Marketing & Data Science to improve acquisition attribution and ROI modeling.
- Standing up a qualitative research program to improve acquisition tactics and improve ROI.
- Influencing through experimentation—build experiments to validate hypotheses and proactively communicate results to the organization.
- Activating new channels of growth, including things like referral and ambassador programs.
- Becoming an internal SME on developer acquisition and the self-serve funnel.
What you have done:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5+ years experience in marketing, product growth, data science, or some combination.
- Proven success working across diverse teams in pursuit of a single objective.
- Maniacal about “system design”. The ideal candidate would be obsessed with understanding how everything works.
- Strong project management skills and ability to perform in a fast-paced and high-energy environment.
- Deep understanding of all modern demand generation channels and when to deploy each type of activity for maximum effectiveness
- Ability to craft strategy and roadmap in concert with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experience marketing to developers.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.