- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Nov. 23, 2021
- Product Management
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role
Confluent is seeking a Sr. Manager of Growth & Event Strategy to own the demand generation events strategy globally. This is a new role and an outstanding chance to create significant impact in an exciting, fast-growing business. In this role, you will drive the strategic events demand generation process, aligning with internal stakeholders on the overall event program and approaches to drive attendance and meet event goals.
What you’ll do
- Strategic Planning: Work with the Strategic Events team to determine target audiences, develop audience acquisition strategies, segment target lists based on personas, and map out the tasks and results required to implement that strategy.
- Content and Messaging: Manage the event promotion content creation process across all channels (email, social, paid, etc). Develop creative assets that build clear value propositions and messaging that improves awareness for event topics or focus areas. Collaborate with internal creative teams to craft the content within provided style guides and ensure all content follows brand and company standards.
- Sales Enablement and Communications: Collaborate with Sales Enablement leads to ensure our internal audiences are empowered with the right information and tools to convince their customers, partners and prospects to attend events and follow up with leads post-event.
- Digital Marketing: Collaborate with web, brand/design, SEO, and user experience teams to implement digital marketing strategies to support the event, increase web traffic and engagement, and optimize the online user experience. Help draft, implement, test and optimize online activities to ensure new content, offers, and active promotions of the event are represented on and across social channels.
- Ongoing Management and Execution: Assisting with event management as needed, onsite and pre/post event.
- Campaign Reporting: Analyze event performance and results. Supervise overall campaign performance including MQLs, pipeline, event participation and attendance, web traffic, and registration channels. Work with the analytics team to use the findings to make program and campaign improvements.
What we’re looking for
- 6-8+ years experience in event management
- Experience with planning and sponsoring large technical industry trade shows
- Experience with Salesforce, Metabase, Marketo, and Allocadia
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Extremely detail-oriented candidate with strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management skills and ability to successfully manage multiple events simultaneously
- Self-starter who is a team player and relationship builder
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.