- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Product Management
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Team:
Confluent’s Product GTM Strategy team is defined by two areas: a relentless focus on the customer and driving Confluent’s GTM (go-to-market). The Product GTM Strategy team is responsible for successfully launching new products, driving our GTM prioritization & roadmap, and leveraging a deep understanding of the customer to define and optimize our business model across the entire customer adoption lifecycle.
About the Role:
Confluent is looking for an experienced professional with a blend of product marketing, strategy, and GTM skills to fill a highly visible role for our Product Marketing team. The Senior Product Marketing Manager role will help drive the end-to-end GTM success of our products, partnering across Growth & Marketing, Sales & Field Operations, and Product Management to prioritize and orchestrate key GTM activities. The responsibilities of this role include driving the segmentation, targeting, and positioning for our products, leading cross-functional GTM initiatives, defining the adoption and monetization strategy for the product, and identifying any feature/functionality gaps inhibiting GTM success.
As a successful candidate for this role, you have a proven track record of leading cross-functional initiatives to drive customer adoption, monetization, and retention of a technical product, particularly for high-tech companies with subscription and/or SaaS/Cloud business models. You also have a strong ability to think strategically, communicate clearly in both verbal and written form, and are an eager self-starter who is comfortable working in a rapidly growing company with a fast-paced working environment.
- Define and prioritize key GTM activities across our product portfolio to complement the product roadmap and meet product-attach success metrics
- Drive cross-functional product launches and marketing campaigns, ensuring the Field and other GTM teams are properly enabled to execute
- Partner with key stakeholders to define the adoption and pricing/packaging strategy of key product areas to increase customer adoption and product revenue
- Craft compelling persona-based messaging and sales assets to convey the value of Confluent to our prospects and customers
- Assess the effectiveness of GTM and adoption initiatives, leveraging analytics and benchmarking for data-driven prioritization, and create action plans to address hotspots
- Identify any product gaps inhibiting GTM success and work with Product Management to prioritize customer needs into the roadmap
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise software (subscription and/or SaaS/Cloud) GTM; Product Marketing, Product Management, or top-tier Management Consulting experience preferred
- Strong technical foundation and ability to pick up and understand product/tech concepts (e.g., engineering degree and/or product experience)
- Distinctive problem-solving, strategic, and analytical capabilities (Excel required, SQL nice-to-have)
- Ability to navigate and succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic, hyper-growth business environment with track record of building trusted relationships with senior stakeholders
- Strong communications skills required – both verbal and written
- Demonstrated record of working both independently and with a team to own cross-functional initiatives and exceed performance expectations & metrics
- MBA or equivalent experience (e.g., management consulting) and technical undergrad degree (e.g., computer science, engineering, applied mathematics) preferred
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.