- Date Posted
- Sep. 28, 2021
- Product Management
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role
Confluent is looking for a developer with Apache Kafka experience to help drive the adoption of our products within the broader Kafka community. Confluent makes it easy to use Kafka to set your data in motion, and we need your help in creating compelling demos and market-facing materials that help bring that ease of use to life. You’ll work closely with our product marketing, product management, and developer relations teams as you show users like yourself exactly how Confluent can help them overcome their challenges.
What you’ll do
- Create compelling demos that showcase the value of Confluent to the Kafka community
- Work with product and product marketing teams to determine developer-focused content plans across use cases, product launches, and differentiated features
- Deliver technical blogs and whitepapers on Kafka and data analytics more broadly
- Engage with developers looking to learn more about Kafka or evaluate streaming alternatives across online third-party platforms
- Evangelize use case recipes with demos and reference architecture documents that tackle the most common and high-impact use cases that our customers are facing
- Identify any product gaps inhibiting GTM success for Confluent and work with Product Management to prioritize developer needs into the roadmap
What we’re looking for
- You’re a seasoned software developer or technical sales engineer with 5+ years on the job
- You can write top-quality code samples and mini-applications to demonstrate the technologies you want to teach
- Experience with Kafka
- You can record screencasts and instructional videos of your talks and articles
- You have a track record of working in a cross-functional role that balances the needs of different stakeholders, while still prioritizing the customer/developer
Additional highly desirable experience
- You’re a good JVM language programmer (Java preferred)
- You’re up to date with current JVM community engineering practices
- You constantly keep up to date on the latest technologies related to Confluent, streaming data, and distributed systems
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.