- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
- Product Management
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role
We are looking for a product and solutions marketing leader with a history of success in bringing new technology to market in the B2B enterprise space. This leadership role will be highly visible, partnering with the executive team and leaders across the organization to position the company and its products, driving awareness, increasing demand, and creating market leadership. The successful candidate will be a highly effective communicator and collaborator with a demonstrated history of working successfully across all levels of an organization. This role reports to our CMO.
What you’ll do
- Build a diverse world-class product marketing team: Build and scale a world-class product marketing team with members who are experts in the customers, the products, and the communications to the market
- Lead with market, customer, and product intelligence: Drive ongoing analysis of the market, customers, products, and the competition, including win-loss reporting, message testing, and product usage and adoption analysis
- Know your audience: Define personas and buyer journeys utilizing data, research, and insights
- Execute world-class product launches: Align with the Product Management and Engineering teams to drive strategy around product positioning for existing products and new launches. Define and execute pricing and packaging strategies for product launches. Bring new products to market, both internally through sales enablement and externally through press, analyst, and influencer outreach and thought leadership programs. Build supporting awareness and demand generation plans
- Deliver differentiated positioning and messaging: Develop a compelling product narrative and value proposition for Confluent’s offerings
- Lead our content strategy and development: Lead the content strategy and development of modern content assets (demos, videos, overviews, how-to guides) enabling customers and prospects to easily understand the value proposition including business value, product capabilities, and differentiation
- Drive growth with demand generation: Partner with the demand gen teams to design integrated customer and prospect journeys that generate awareness and demand. Be proactive in recognizing where pipeline gaps exist and partner with Sales and Marketing to deliver focused campaigns and sales plays
- Empower our Sales teams with best-in-class enablement: Partner with sales to develop sales plays and GTM programs that help drive the pipeline, find new buyers, and cross-sell into existing accounts
- Articulate customer value with solutions marketing: In partnership with product and customer success teams, develop solution-based offerings focused on solving customer pain. Define solutions based on vertical-industry use cases. Deliver solution marketing programs that include messaging, positioning, and content that drive awareness and demand for solutions
- Communicate new value to the customer with release marketing: Define and own the release communications plan to ensure customer adoption of new release capabilities
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrated experience bringing new categories to market: driving company positioning, branding, launch messaging, etc.
- A history of success communicating new technology-based B2B products to CIOs and Developers. B2B experience is a must
- Proven experience synthesizing and translating market needs into product requirements. Ability to manifest the product vision/direction via compelling positioning and messaging
- Previous roles that helped define and heavily leverage customer stories/use cases
- Proven experience launching new products and growing to a mature business
- Strong organizational and analytical skills along with excellent communication skills
- People-focused leader with proven ability to build creative and collaborative teams, develop people, and link performance to overall business objectives
- Collaborative, high energy, charismatic, innovative, and creative individual with leadership DNA
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.