- California, US
- Date Posted
- Dec. 13, 2021
- Professional Services
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role: Business Value Consulting (BVC) is a critical, client-facing role where the consultant will work closely with the Confluent Sales team, playing a key role in driving the business forward and increasing win rates. BVC’s engage with clients to capture and communicate the potential business value that our solutions can provide. You will work across all industries, evaluating the business benefits and financial value to companies primarily in our Commercial market.
About the Team: Value Management is a group of people working with customers to help them identify, realize, and unlock value by leveraging data in motion across the enterprise.
What You’ll Do:
- Deliver Value Assessments and Value Realization services for select customers
- Lead discovery workshops with customer leadership and their teams to understand key business objectives, challenges of prospective and existing customers
- Conduct TCO and ROI analyses and value realization engagements
- Create & deliver business value deliverables to the customer
- Manage relationships with regional sales leadership to set priorities on coverage/support and build effective enterprise best practices
- Elevate the value management function internally across our field sales stakeholders to contribute to the overall account(s) sales strategy
- Provide coaching to Account Executives and Solution Engineers by leveraging knowledge, consulting skills, experience, and analytical capabilities in identifying key C-level strategic issues, assessing existing process capabilities, and developing business cases leveraging Value Cloud.
- Support the development of new value assets, tools and collateral, helping develop the practice
What We’re Looking For:
- 7+ years of experience in management consulting, value consulting, value engineering, financial/investment analysis and/or other applicable roles
- Deep financial analysis and modeling of ROI and TCO concepts to justify business cases. Deep knowledge of & ability to demonstrate practical use of IRR, NPV & Payback
- Experience with enterprise cloud economics and understanding of enterprise data management concepts and consumption models
- Strong verbal and written communication of qualitative and quantitative business cases
- Must be self-managed, responsive and dedicated to customer success
- Master’s Degree, MBA preferred
- What Gives You an Edge: Software consumption background
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.